Tour De France • July 7th – July 29th
This year marks the 122nd year
Everyday through the event:
• 20% OFF All 2017 Road Bikes*
• 10% OFF All 2018 Road Bikes*
• Broadcasting The Full Event EVERYDAY!
• Served Always: Draft Beers, Sodas, Waters, Bottled Beers, Giant Pretzels, Pizzas
• Try our New Hard Seltzers & Radler
What is Radler style beer? Radler is the German term for a mixture of beerand fruit soda or lemonade. Literally, it means cyclist.
* All bikes on sale are limited to in-stock/on-hand only. Does not apply to special orders and or previous orders.
SPECIAL Event – July 19th
• $2.00 OFF All Draft Beers during the 2 events
• Give-A-Ways during this events
• Race Hosted by John Siepmann
This year is going to be an awesome Tour de France. Have you checked out the race profile? Not your typical Tour—some spring classic courses including a bunch of Paris Roubaix pave, lots of hilly days, two really short days (108k and 65k) and a heap of nearly back to back Alpine and Pyrenean climbs to finish it off. Come out to Velo City Cycling and enjoy beer specials and cheer on your favorite riders in the camaraderie of fellow cyclists as we watch the replay of the day’s stage (don’t give it away if you know the results). – John Siepmann
At 7pm on Thursday, July 25th the conquering of the Col de Madeleine, Col de la Croix de Fer and Alpe d’Huez?
MORE TO COME – KEEP POSTED HERE AND ON FACEBOOK
13 Reasons to Get Stoked About E-Bikes
– Especially if You’re Not Yet Convinced
1. E-bikes make pedaling easier.
2. They go pretty fast.. to a point.
3. You’ll ride a lot more, even if you already ride a lot.
4. There are e-bikes for everything.
5. They’re so much better than cars for daily errands.
6. Yes, you still get exercise, and e-bike pedaling is good for your health.
7. The batteries are already getting better.
8. But trail access can be risky.
9. They’re not cheap…but they can save you money.
10. They’re heftier than your average set of wheels.
11. They’re the future of transportation.
12. Soon, you’ll be able to race them.
13. It’s impossible to ride one without smiling.
2018 Trek 100 – Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer
One Mile at a Time
VeloCity put together a fund raising team for the Trek 100 which raises money for the MACC fund and Vélocity’s owner John’s step brother Steve was part of the team. Brett Farve and Jens Voight came out to support the cause. This ride is considered one of the top charity rides in the nation and is right here in Wisconsin. Over the past thirty years they have raised over $29 million. See Steve’s comments below regarding the last part of his 100k ride.
“Another great day for the Trek 100! I was riding in a larger group, and the two guys pulling (leading) waved the next two guys up. One guy yelled back “we need another horse to pull, who will join me?” So I biked to the front. The other lead? Mr. Jens Voigt! He said “Steve, you determine the speed, and I’ll match the tempo, no problems”. So I biked with Jens Voight for the final 14 miles of the Trek, averaging 21-22mph. My heart was racing, my legs were aching, but no way was I going to pass up the opportunity to bike side by side with Jens Voight, the 2008 Tour De France team winner. We talked about his races, highlights, kids (he has 6 kids from 7 years to 22 years old), families, countries, and of course Trek. It was a truly a great day for me.”
Why You Should Invest in a Bike Fit this Season
It’s not a luxury—a proper bike fit can help any cyclist ride stronger, more comfortably, and more often
Getting a bike fit can feel like an expensive indulgence reserved for pro cyclists. But it isn’t really—good bike fit is just as important an investment as the bike itself, and can not only increase your comfort on the bike, but make you faster and stronger without a single interval or endurance ride. If your bike isn’t fit properly, you’re sacrificing watts, increasing your chance of saddle sores, and just not having as much fun on the bike as you could be having.
“Fits are for everyone, especially new riders,” says Kyle Russ. The two primary advantages of a properly fitting bike are an increase in comfort and an increase in power. If your bike isn’t fit properly, for example, Russ says that your glutes may not be firing, so you’re missing out on a ton of power that’s already there. Consider this: you could spend thousands buying a bike that’s a pound lighter than what you’re riding now in order to shave seconds off of your time up a hill. But a bike fit—typically not much more than a couple hundred dollars—can gain you huge wattage increases without any extra work on your part. From a performance standpoint, the investment of a bike fit versus any other investment in bike gear is the wisest choice you could make.
As far as an increase in comfort is concerned, Russ laments the amount of riders he meets who struggle with saddle sores, numbness in their hands or feet, or back problems. “A lot of people stop riding because they’re uncomfortable,” he says, “And when you’re more novice and aren’t immersed in cycling, you wouldn’t even consider a fit. People think it’s for an elite athlete, but it’s a comfort and enjoyment thing.” Most of these issues are fixable with some minor changes to fit, he says, and cyclists shouldn’t need to struggle to ride comfortably.
Contact Us TODAY! To set up your Fitting!
We will get back to you as soon as possible to set up a solid time.
or Call us to set up your appointment 262-695-7433
One of the top Tools for a perfect fit! You’ll LOVE your ride like it’s bran new bike!
IT’S YOU, ONLY FASTER
INTRODUCING THE TURBO COMO
It’s You, Only Faster
The Turbo Como has one goal and one goal only—to inspire you to get out, get moving, and to have some fun along the way. It achieves this with its powerful Specialized e-bike technology that makes your ride faster and more efficient, so no matter where you’re headed, you’re guaranteed to have a wide smile on your face.
With a totally redesigned and integrated motor, the Turbo Como surges far ahead of the competition. First off, the proprietary Rx Street Tune takes the power of a belt-driven motor that’s smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations, and makes it optimized for riding in an urban environment—so the harder you push on the pedals, the more power the motor puts out. This means that when you start from a standstill, even on the steepest of pitches, you’ll take off safe and easy.
Turbo Como 2.0
The Turbo Como 2.0 Low-Entry 650b has one goal and one goal only—to inspire you to get out, get moving, and to have some fun along the way. It achieves this with its Turbo technology that makes the ride faster, so you’re guaranteed to have a wide smile on your face.
Beginning with a completely redesigned and integrated Specialized 1.2 motor, with a top speed of 20mph, the Como 2.0 proves itself as the fastest, most comfortable urban bike you’ve ever perched yourself upon. First off, our proprietary Rx Street Tune takes the power of a belt-driven motor that’s smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations, and makes it optimized for riding in an urban environment by reacting to the amount of force you apply to the pedals. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill both quick and efficient. Perfect.
We also developed a custom Specialized U1-460 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, plus it’s lockable and easily removable for simplified charging. With this battery, the Turbo Como delivers some extra ‘oomph,’ with plenty of juice to accompany you on your cruise down the bike path, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new café on the other side of the city.
We also developed a custom 2.2-inch computer with the German powerhouse, BLOKS. With this smart computer, you’re able to view your battery level and toggle various ride mectrics such as speed, distance, and time. You can also peruse these screens via the custom handlebar remote without ever removing your hands from the bars.
The 650b wheels have also been paired with 2.3-inch tires, so it can roll over most cracks, bumps, and holes with ease to ensure that nothing stands in your way on your path to a good time. For the build, you’ll find everything you need to get out and enjoy the sunshine, comfortably and worry free. Along these lines, there are powerful Tektro hydraulic disc brakes, reliable 9-speed Shimano shifting, and a comfortable saddle.
- The custom E5 aluminum frame on the Como, cleanly houses the battery and motor, while still keeping the lightweight properties that E5 is known for. Pair this with our Ground Control Geometry, and you have a durable and lightweight bike that’ll keep you rolling in style.
- The Como’s motor is fully integrated with the frame and features a smooth, silent, vibration-free output. It’s also been custom-tuned for city riding, and it intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling—so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom U1-460 battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range.